Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Falafel Pitas

This is super easy and quite delicious!! There is not much cooking involved but it's awesome! It goes great with the Mediterranean Lentil Salad posted below. If you haven't had falafel i suggest you try it out... its pretty darn delicious!


Ingredients:
1 box of falafel mix
1 package of pita bread
1 cup of green and red cabbage sliced/diced
1 large tomato sliced

Cilantro & Chive Yogurt Dip (you can buy this or make it)
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
salt
garlic powder


Follow the falafel directions for mixing and letting it settle. While the falafel is settling make the yogurt spread by mixing all the yogurt ingredients together, season to taste with garlic powder and salt and set aside in the frigde. Next dice the tomato and cabbage and set aside.

Pour 1/2 inch of veggie oil into a small pot and heat. Make golf ball size balls out of the falafel mix and drop into oil once its hot. Cook the falafel for 1-2 minutes until the falafel is browned all the way around and flip if needed. Once each ball is cooked place them in a bowl with paper towels to soak up the extra oil. Cover to keep warm while the rest of the falafel is cooking.

Once the falafel is done heat up the pita bread then spread the yogurt on each pita. Next add the tomato and coleslaw mix and 2-3 falafel balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment