I'm starting to really enjoy making veggie burgers. The combinations are endless!! These burgers are quite delightful!!
- 1 can white beans, rinsed (navy or white kidney)
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped rainbow chard (3 small leaves)
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced (1/3 cup)
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg white (optional)
- olive oil
Fixins: Manchego Cheese, Avocado ,Tomato, Ground Mustard
Preheat the oven to 425. In a small pan, saute the garlic and onion until they soften then add the chard. Saute for 2-3 minutes on med heat or until the chard is wilted then remove from burner.
In a food processor add the beans, sundried tomatoes &1 tbs of olive oil and pulse until the beans are mostly smooth(leave a few beans whole). Place mixture in a mixing bowl and add the chard mixture and season with a dash or two of thyme and S&P to taste. Taste the mixture before adding the egg to make sure you like it.
Next add the egg and bread crumbs. Stir the mixture so everything is evenly coated. Shape the mixture into 4 burgers and place on non-stick baking pan. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, flip the burgers and bake for another 5 minutes.
- I enjoyed these without a bun with only the manchego cheese but throw the burger on a bun and add some of the yummy fixins listed above and it will be even more yummy!
- If you are adding cheese add it before you take the burgers out of the oven so it melts nicely.
- Vegan? Leave out the egg! It may not be as moist but still super yummy!