Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Carrot Curry with Veggies

This is a great twist to one of my favorite recipes. Carrot Curry Soup with Chickpeas. I have been playing around with my carrot curry recipe and have come up with some fun variations. Last time I made the soup I pureed it then pressed it through a sieve making it super thin and left out the chickpeas making a yummy thin soup. This time I decided to make a thicker curry dish loaded with fixins and it turned out to be amazing! 

Ingredients
Makes 6 servings

10 carrots, peeled and sliced
1/2 small onion

2 garlic cloves
2 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp chopped basil
3 tbs curry powder
1 tsp coriander

1 tsp cardamom
pinch of kosher salt
2 tbs red chili paste
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 can of coconut milk

1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 small yukon potatoes, cut into cubes
2 cups frozen peas, defrosted 
8 oz firm tofu, cut into cubes

2-4 cups of rice, cooked

Stove Top
Place the coconut oil in a large pot and heat on medium/low. Once the coconut oil is melted add in the garlic, onions and carrots, saute for 5 minutes. Next add in the basil, curry powder cardamom and coriander and cook for another minute.

Pour the vegetable broth in the pot and bring to medium/high heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until carrots are soft. Once the carrots are soft pour in the coconut milk and use an immersion blender* to puree the curry. Add in the potatoes and chickpeas, cook on medium high temp until potatoes are soft. While the potatoes are cooking make the rice. 

When the potatoes are starting to soften add in the peas and tofu. Cook on low for 3-5 minutes. Serve warm on rice. 

Crockpot
Place the coconut oil, vegetable broth, garlic, onions, carrot, basil, curry powder, cardamom, coriander and chili paste. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Use an immersion blender to puree the curry. Taste for flavor and add seasoning as you'd like. At his time add in the potatoes and chickpeas, cook on high for 1-2 hours.  

10-15 minutes before serving add in the peas and tofu. Serve warm on rice. 


1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by eating coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete