This is a super yummy salad! I was craving chicken but since the b/f is a vegetarian I decided to try and make baked tofu. It turned out amazing!! The marinade and the dressing are pretty much the same ingredients so it's a user friendly salad. I had some sesame Asian dressing in the fridge so I mixed a little in my dressing recipe for fun and it was delish!
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs agave nectar (optional)
Mix the above ingredients in a shallow dish.
Baked Tofu -Slice the tofu into cubes, dry on paper towels then marinate in the mixture for an hour, flipping the tofu to make sure it is coated. Preheat the oven to 375. Place the tofu in a non-stick pan and bake for 35 minutes. Turn the tofu after 15 minutes. After 35 minutes broil the tofu one each side until it starts to brown.
Chicken -Cut the chicken into cubes, place in a bowl or zip lock bag with the mixture and marinate for an hour. Preheat the oven to 375. Place in a non-stick pan and bake for around 20 minutes.
* I usually chop everything up and put it in tupperware so what ever I don't eat I can have ready for the next day.
- 1 can mandarin oranges, halved (reserve the juice for the dressing)
- 1 can water chestnuts, halved
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 1 shredded carrots
- 1/2 cabbage, sliced
- chopped romaine lettuce
- chopped cashews or peanuts
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- juice from the mandarin (taste as you add)