Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Saturday, April 20, 2013

Parmesan Garlic Risotto with Portobello Mushrooms

I'm on a bit of a risotto kick this month since the bag of arborio I purchased had enough rice to feed a football team. The two risotto recipes I have posted both involve squash so I decided to switch it up this time and try something new.
A girlfriend of mine told me about a Parmesan risotto dish topped with a scallop and  mushrooms that was prepared for her by a Neimen Marcus chef. I was drooling listening to her describe her meal and thought I had to give it a shot. I am no professional chef so this is a very basic version of what I was envisioning. I would have like to use scallops and madera mushrooms but scallops are quite expensive and living in Tahoe makes finding madera mushrooms quite a challenge. Even without fancy ingredients this dish turned out delicious!

Ingredients

Makes 4 servings

1 tbs coconut oil

4 garlic cloves, minced 

1 small leek, chopped (about 1/2 cup)

1 tsp oregano
2 tsp salt 

1 tsp cracked pepper
1 cup arborio rice
3 cups vegetable or chicken stock 
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan


In a large pot warm the coconut oil until to medium heat until it melts, then add in the garlic and leeks and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add in the arborio rice, oregano salt and pepper and cook for a 2-3 minutes.

Turn the heat up to medium high and pour in the white wine.Once the white wine is absorbed add in 1/2 cup of stock, stirring constantly. Once the liquid is mostly absorbed, add in another 1/2 cup of stock and continue this process until you are out of broth.

Make sure to stir constantly to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once the final added liquid is absorbed* add in the cheese, turn the heat to low and cover until you are ready to serve.

*If the rice is still crunchy add in another 1/2 cup of stock. 

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete