Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Monday, June 6, 2011

Cucumber Mango Salad with Edamame Basmati Rice

Cucumber Mango Salad


Ingredients:
3 cucumbers - seeded, peeled and cut into squares
3 mangoes - peeled and cut into squares
5 radishes - sliced
1/4 cup - chopped mint & basil
2 tbs sesame seeds
1/4 cup white wine vinegar

Mix first four ingredients together and then toss with the vinegar. Top with sesame seeds. (Maybe add a little lemon juice to the mint and basil to keep from turning brown)


Edamame Basmati Rice

Ingredients:
1 package shelled edamame
1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
1/4 cup diced mint
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
salt

Cook the edamame and basmati rice according to instructions. Once they are done cooking mix them together in a bowl. Add add in mint, vinegar and salt and toss.



Theses actually taste really good mixed together!

No comments:

Post a Comment