Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Monday, January 2, 2012

Homemade Granola


2 cups of oats
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup coconut flakes
2 tbs flax seeds
2 tbs walnut oil
2 tbs agave nectar sprinkle of cinnamon

 Preheat the oven to 325. Mix all of the ingredients in 1 large bowl. If the mixture is too dry add a little more walnut oil and agave. Spread out granola mixture on a non-stick baking pan(to prevent sticking spread some walnut oil on the pan before baking) and place into oven. Bake on the middle rack for 5-10 minutes constantly spreading the granola around. I have not yet figured out how to make it clumpy like some granola but it is pretty tasty, cheap and convenient and perfect for yogurt! Be careful not to forget about it because it will quickly burn before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment