Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Monday, January 14, 2013

Black Bean Mushroom Burgers

Oh veggie burgers how I love thee! I have been playing around with veggie burger recipes for quite some time and I think I am getting close to perfecting it! This time I added flour and a little more egg and it really made a difference.
Last week I decided to try and make jalapeno cheddar bread and that inspired these delicious black bean burgers. I used avocado and Greek yogurt to make a yummy spread for the burgers. I was struggling to think of a way to use some of my carrots as a side dish since I wanted to keep the flavors some what consistent. I ended up making some delicious Roasted Carrots and it was the perfect healthy side dish to go with these tasty burgers.  I recently added a recipe for jalapeno cheddar buns which work great with these burgers. 

Ingredients
Makes 6-8 patties 

8 oz baby bella mushrooms
1 tbs olive oil

2 garlic cloves
1/3 cup red onion
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat bran
1 cup of bread crumbs
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 cup cilantro
4 oz can of diced green chilies
1/4 cup egg whites

Place the mushrooms, black beans, olive oil, garlic & onion in the food processor and chop until smooth then place in a bowl. Add the seasoning, bread crumbs, cilantro and green chilies. Taste and see if the seasoning works for you then add in the egg whites. If the mixture is too wet add in some more bread crumbs. Chill the mixture in the fridge for an hour. Make 6-8 and heat a skillet to medium heat with some non-stick spray. Cook the patties for 8 minutes on each side.



Fixins
green leaf lettuce
corn salsa
tomatoes
avocado sauce (1 avocado, 3 tbs plain greek yogurt, 1 tbs chalula- blended until smooth)

I shaped my patties kind of like meatloaf so it would fit my yummy jalapeno bread. I also roasted up some Cumin & Lime Carrots. 

3 comments:

  1. Ok, it's time to quit your day job and cook! This sounds and looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These recipes look amazing! I can't wait to try them! Found your blog through Tiara and excited to be inspired to cook more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andrea! Let me know how the recipe turns out.

    ReplyDelete