Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quinoa, Garbanzo Bean Burgers

I'm still working on figuring out how to make the patties hold together better... I've almost got it! 

  • 1 egg, beaten 
  • 2 cups cooked Garbanzo Beans
  • 3 tbs olive oil ( I used rosemary infused oil)
  • 1 cup cooked Quinoa
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Carrot
  • 1/2 Onion, chopped in food processor
  • 2 Garlic Cloves,  chopped in food processor
  • 10-20 Parsley Leaves, chopped
  • 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
  • 1/2 tsp Cumin
  • 1 tsp Oregano 
  • S&P
In a large mixing bowl add the quinoa, shredded carrot, onions, garlic, bread crumbs, parsley and seasonings. Season to taste. Next place the garbanzo beans in the food processor with the egg and olive oil. Pulse until smooth then add to the mixing bowl. Stir well and add some olive oil as needed until you can form patties. Make 6-8 patties out of the mixture, place on a non-stick backing sheet and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 375. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, then broil on high for 2 minutes on each side.

Fixins:
Toasted Whole Wheat Everything Buns with Feta Cheese, Whole Grain Mustard, Tomatoes, Spinach & Avocado, 

1 comment:

  1. Alright -- Anytime you want to cook dinner for someone else please feel free to come over.

    ReplyDelete