Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Sunday, June 10, 2012

Black Bean Portobello Quesadilla

These are my favorite quesadillas! They are super easy to make and delicious!! 

  • 1-2 tbs olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, diced
  • 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2-3 large portobello mushrooms, diced
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Fixins:
Shredded jack or pepper jack cheese
Guacamole
Diced Tomatoes
Tortillas - plain, wheat, spinach or whatever you like

In a pot or large pan heat 1 tbs of olive oil and saute the garlic for 3-5 minutes. Add the portobello and zucchini and cook for another 2-3 minutes then add the black beans and balsamic vinegar, mix well. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is dissolved.

Heat a cast iron skillet on med/high heat with a touch of olive oil. Place one tortilla on the skillet at a time with cheese on one half. Place a heap of the bean mixture on the quesadilla and top with a little more cheese. Fold the quesadilla over, cook for a minute or two then flip. 

Serve with the fixins above and enjoy!! 


1 comment: