This was a pretty tasty pasta but I added a little too much pasta and not enough fixins. The recipe below calls for less pasta than I used so it should turn out just right. I wanted to add asparagus but the store was out but I kept it in the recipe below. I really love the Orecchiette pasta texture and look forward to making it again!
- 2 tbs capers
- 1 bulb of roasted garlic
- 4-5 asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained (do not use the juice) or use 4 very ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups of Orecchiette pasta (or whatever you have laying around)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- Seasonings - S & P & Oregano
Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in a large skillet and capers and asparagus, saute for 2-3 minutes. Next add the roasted garlic, artichoke hearts and diced tomatoes and seasonings. Cook covered on medium/low heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to directions. Once the pasta is done add it to the vegetable mixture and stir in the olive oil and basil leaves. Taste and season as needed. Enjoy!!