Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Sunday, June 10, 2012

Easy Orecchiette Pasta

This was a pretty tasty pasta but I added a little too much pasta and not enough fixins. The recipe below calls for less pasta than I used so it should turn out just right. I wanted to add asparagus but the store was out but I kept it in the recipe below. I really love the Orecchiette pasta texture and look forward to making it again!
  • 2 tbs capers
  • 1 bulb of roasted garlic 
  • 4-5 asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, drained (do not use the juice) or use 4 very ripe tomatoes
  • 2 cups of Orecchiette pasta (or whatever you have laying around)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 3 basil leaves, chopped
  • Seasonings - S & P & Oregano 
Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in a large skillet and capers and asparagus, saute for 2-3 minutes. Next add the roasted garlic, artichoke hearts and diced tomatoes and seasonings. Cook covered on medium/low heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to directions. Once the pasta is done add it to the vegetable mixture and stir in the olive oil and basil leaves. Taste and season as needed. Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment