Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Saturday, October 20, 2012

Whole Wheat Applesauce Pancakes


I'm loving this fall weather and fall produce! After a trip to Apple Hill I ended up with a ton of apples and quite a few pumpkins and squash.
 

As soon as I got home I bought a nifty apple peeler. It made making applesauce a quick and easy! I also picked up some amazing Apple Butter which inspired this morning breakfast. Whole Wheat Applesauce Pancakes with Apple Butter

Makes 4-5 pancakes

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats, blended in a food processor until fine powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbs brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup applesauce (click here for recipe)
Place the vanilla extract, almond milk and applesauce into a small bowl and whisk. In a large bowl place the wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder & sugar and mix well. Combine the the wet and dry ingredients and mix until all ingredients are moistened. Heat a non-stick skillet to a medium heat. Use a measuring cup and pour 1/3 cups poritons into the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.

Fixins: 
Apple Butter!! I've never been a fan of apple butter until I tasted the real thing! Holy moly this stuff is great on apple pancakes!
Maple Syrup - the real stuff! It's a little pricey for the real stuff but a little bit goes a long way!
Chopped Almonds - add these for a little extra crunch
Whipped Cream - Have a big sweet tooth? Go for it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment