Don't be weirded out by the radish greens there are no actual radishes in the soup. This is basically potato soup with greens and any greens can be used like spinach, kale, chard or collard greens. I just so happened to have a ton of radishes in my garden and could not let the beautiful greens go to waste.
- 5 cups radish greens, chopped
- 2 large russet potatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 tbs. olive oil (you can also use sunflower or coconut oil)
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced (i love me some garlic)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 4 oz. heavy cream (vegan- sub almond milk)
- 2 tbs. sour cream (optional)
- 1 qt. vegetable broth
Once the potatoes are done drain the water and let them cool. Place the potatoes, greens/garlic/onion mixture, heavy cream and sour cream into a food processor or blender and pulse until potatoes are smooth. Add a little bit of broth if needed to thin out the mixture. Pour this mixture into a pot on medium heat, add the remaining broth and whisk until mixed evenly. Season with S&P. Serve warm.
Notes: I don't know about you but I like a decent amount of salt with my potatoes. Season and taste as you go to get a flavor that you like. Also, be careful not to add too much broth to your blender because the thinner the soup the more likely it is to start leaking out of the blender. (Yep, I made that mistake- what a mess!)