Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Monday, October 1, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper & Chickpea Dip

This yummy dip can be served with pita chips, crackers or even used a a spread on wraps or sandwiches. It is super easy and taste great!

  • 1 can chickpeas, drained
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into quarters & seeds removed
  • 1-2 tbs red wine vinegar
  • 1-3 tbs olive oil
  • Seasonings: red pepper flakes, S&P
Preheat the oven to 400. Place the red peppers on a non-stick baking pan and spray or brush olive oil onto the bells and bake at 400 for about 20 minuets or until the skin starts to crinkle. Remove from pan and let cool. 

Meanwhile, place 1 tbs olive oil, 1 tbs red wine vinegar and the chickpeas into the food processor. Pulse this mixture until smooth, adding the rest of the vinegar and oil as needed. Once the bell peppers have cooked and cooled add them to the food processor and pulse until mixed well with chickpeas. Season with red pepper flakes, S&P to your liking. 


Notes: You can serve this right away or refrigerated and serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment