Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lentil Burgers




Ingredients:
- 2 cups of cooked lentils
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of bread crumbs (add more if the mixture is not sticking)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- chopped garlic
- rosemary
- S&P

Directions:
1. Place eggs, garlic, rosemary, lentils and onion in a food processor until somewhat smooth (it is okay if some lentils are still whole).
2. Mix blended lentils in a bowl with bread crumbs and S&P.
3. Let the mixture set for a few minutes while the bread crumbs soak up the moisture, then make into 6-8 patties.
4. Heat a skillet with olive oil to med/high heat and add the patties. Cook for 6-7 minutes on each side.


How to Serve:
Whole Grain Ciabatta
Mushrooms- sliced and sauteed
Provolone or Pepper Jack Cheese
Sliced Avocado

Or-
Pita Bread
Cucumbers
Sliced Tomatoes
Cilantro & Chive Yogurt Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment