Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Orzo Pasta Salad


Ingredients:
- 1/2 box of orzo
- 1 lb asparagus- diced
- 1 cucumber - diced
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup of feta
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- fresh cilantro- chopped

Dressing:
1 fresh squeezed lemon
1-2 tbs olive oil
S&P
garlic powder

1. Cook the Orzo as directed, while the Orzo is cooking saute the asparagus for about 3 minutes then set aside. 2. Once the orzo is cool combine it in a bowl with the asparagus. 3. Then add the feta, almonds, cilantro and cucumber. 4. Mix the dressing together then pour into the pasta salad and toss with S&P.

**OPTIONAL ADDITIONS**
Broccoli (cook with the asparagus Step 1)
Grape Tomatoes (toss in with feta and cucumber Step 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment