Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Baked Chickpea & Red Pepper Wontons


I've been playing around with wontons lately and I have made a few different delicious versions. I had some extra egg roll wraps laying around and opened the cabinet to see what I could fill them with. I found I had a jar of roasted red peppers and chickpeas so I went from there. This is a quick and easy recipe that anyone can just throw together. I hope you enjoy! 
Wonton Filling
  • 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 roasted bell pepper
  • sprinkle of cardamom & cumin
  • dash of salt and pepper
  • 2 tbs Greek yogurt or sour cream
Fixins
  • 6 large egg roll wraps
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • sliced green onion
Topping
  • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp lemon
  • dash of salt, pepper & garlic powder
Place wonton filling ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Place 6 egg roll wraps on a clean surface. Place 2 large tbs of wonton filling on each wonton in the center of the wrapper. Dip your fingers in the water and moisten the sides of the wonton. Fold the wrapper in half making a triangle and press down sealing the wrapper. Brush with olive oil on both sides. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.  

While the wontons are baking, mix together the topping ingredients with a fork. Serve wontons warm with a dollop of the topping and sliced green online. Yum!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment