I had a few goodies left over from last weeks CSA basket so I searched the web for spinach and chard combos and saw a few different gratin recipes. So that was what I decided to do. It was super quick, easy and yummy! If you're vegan just use almond milk instead of the cream.
- 1/2 cup leeks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 4-5 large chard leaves, stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown Basmati rice
- 3 oz muenster cheese, shredded
- 3 tbs heavy cream (vegan? use almond milk)
- S&P and garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbs garlic Parmesan (optional)
Saute the garlic and leeks the coconut oil for 3-5 minutes. Add the chard and spinach, cover and let is steam for another 3-5 minutes until spinach and chard wilt. Once the spinach and chard are ready add in the rice, cream, cheeseS&P and garlic powder. Mix well and place into a baking dish. Top with bread crumbs, garlic parmesan and a drizzle of oil. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.