Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Russian Kale Cesar Salad (vegetarian)

One of the vegetables in my basket was Russian Kale. The boyfriend requested that I make a kale Cesar salad (vegetarian of course). After making two trips to the grocery store I realized I forgot lemons so I had to make the dressing with lime juice, and it was quite delicious. 

  • 4 cups of kale, chopped
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • croutons (optional)
Dressing:
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2-3/4 cup Parmesan
  • 1 garlic clove 
  • 2 tbs lemon or lime juice
  • 3 tbs olive oil 
  • S&P
Place dressing ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Toss your kale and tomatoes with the dressing and serve.


*Add as much or as little olive oil as you would like. I don't like oily dressing so I keep it to a minimum. 
* If you have a good loaf of bread laying around I suggest making croutons.

No comments:

Post a Comment