Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Thursday, December 27, 2012

Butternut Squash & Black Bean Enchiladas


Snow, snow, snow!!  We have had atleast 5 feet of snow fall at our house in the past two weeks which is awesome but holy moly there is so much snow. Wilson has tunnels thought the snow in the backyard and the icicles are everywhere. 









If there is this much at my house imagine how much is at the ski resorts and that is what really matters.Now I just have to get out of the driveway and get the snow off of the car. I still have not figured out how to work the snow blower so for a nice work out I usually just shovel. After more and more shoveling who doesn't want a hearty delicious meal? I don't cook too many Mexican or Tex Mex dishes but I have been craving them lately.  This is not a traditional enchilada recipe but it sure is a yummy one!




Filling
  • 3 cups butternut squash, cooked & chopped
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Fixins
  • 10 soft taco shells
  • 1 package of green chile enchilada sauce
  • shredded cheddar or jack cheese
  • green onions, sliced
  • sour cream or Greek yogurt
Place the butternut squash, black beans and cilantro in a pot and cook on low for 5 minutes. Add in the cilantro and seasoning and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until squash is really soft.  Spread 1/4 cup of green chile sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Place 1/4 cup of your filling into a tortilla, roll it up and place it seam down into the baking dish. Continue until you are out of filling. Top with cheese and bake for 15- 20 minutes. Serve with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt and green onion. 







2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Tiara's blog...I also live in SLT! :) I had to comment on this post...these are my FAVORITE enchiladas! So so good!! I like your take on them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my firs time making squash an black bean enchiladas and I have to say they are quite delicious. It is nice to switch it up from the traditional chicken enchiladas. Thanks to your comment!

    ReplyDelete