Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Zucchini Fritters with Yogurt Dip

As I mentioned in my last post my zucchini plants have been producing some awesome zucchini so I have been making all kinds of fun dishes like Zucchini Bran Bread and Farro with Wheat Berries & Zucchini. I've seen quite a few pics of fritters on food blogs lately so I decided to give it a shot. This was my first go at it, they don't look that beautiful but they were tasty. This recipe is a work in progress so give it a go and let me know any tips you have. The one tip I do have is that It is very important to remove as much water as you possibly can from the zucchini before mixing it with the flour. 

Have you ever seen one of these?
How cool is this fun contraption?? It's like My girlfriends mom had it laying around and didn't need it so I decided to take it and try it out. It made the perfect shredded zucchini for this dish and it was super easy to clean up, plus if I lose power and want to get fancy I don't need a food processor. For this recipe you can just use a food processor with a shredding blade. 

Ingredients
Makes 12 Fritters

2 1/2 cups or 2 medium zucchini, shredded
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped 
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 cup shredded Parmesan
1 egg 

Yogurt Dip
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
3 cloves of roasted garlic, mashed to paste(make ahead of time)
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped 
S&P

Place the shredded zucchini in a mesh strainer with the salt and toss. Let the zucchini sit in the strainer over a bowl for 10-15 minutes, pressing out the water. 

Once the water is removed place the zucchini in a bowl with the parsley, flour, cheese and egg. Mix well, season with pepper and place the mixture in the fridge.


Heat 1 tbs of oil in a skillet to medium heat, in the meantime make the yogurt dip. Mix all of the dip ingredients together and place it in the fridge. 

When the skillet is hot place the zucchini mixture a dollop at a time in the skillet and press with a spatula. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until crispy. Remove and set on a paper towel to remove any excess oil. Serve warm with a dollop of the yogurt dip. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment