Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pizza Dough

I enjoy making pizza and since it is so easy I make it quite often. This recipe is great because you let the dough rise in the fridge overnight and use it when you are ready to make your pizza. There is no need to let it sit at room temperature to rise, which makes pizza making very convenient all you need to do is plan ahead a little. The dough is good in the fridge for up to 3 days so you can make a fresh pizza whenever you want! 
Antico Molino Napoli Antimo Caputo '00' Flour, 2.2 lbWhen it comes to pizza dough and pasta I can't stress how important it is to use good flour. The absolute best flour is "00" farina flour. I find this particular brand at whole foods and some small Italian specialty stores. Once you try this flour I promise there is no going back. The difference is unbelievable! 


Ingredients
Makes 2 Balls of Dough

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp yeast
1 cup cold water 
3 tbs olive oil

1/8 cup semolina

Stand Mixer Directions

Mix the flour, salt, and yeast into a large mixing bowl. Slowly add in the water and oil and let the mixer run until a ball starts to form, once the ball forms split it in pieces then turn on again, letting the mixer do the kneading for you or remove and knead for 5 minutes until a smooth ball forms.

Remove the ball from the dough from the mixer. Split the dough in half and make two even balls. Place the balls on a tray covered with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight. 

Bowl Directions: 

Mix the flour, salt, and yeast into a large mixing bowl. Slowly add in the water and oil mixing well. Turn the dough onto a floured counter or silpat and use your hands to start kneading it into a ball. Continue kneading the dough for 7-8 minutes until an elastic ball forms. 

Split the dough in half and make two even balls. Place the balls on a tray covered with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight. Leave the dough in the fridge until you are ready to shape. 


Pizza Time:

Preheat the oven to 425.  (at this time place your pizza stone in the oven). Sprinkle some semolina on the counter and start. Place the dough into the center of the pizza press out and start pulling and stretching the dough until you have the size and thickness that you prefer. 

Until I get a chance to make a video here is a great one on shaping your dough. http://youtu.be/7OotCkmoPN8

Top the pizza with your fixins and cook for 10-15 minutes. 

Buon Appetito.

**Cook time will be based on your toppings and quality of your oven, so pay attention after 10 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment