Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Farro with Cherry Tomatoes & Zucchini

Are you in the mood for a healthy summer recipe? I threw this delicious one together with some zucchini & parsley from my garden and some cherry tomatoes from the farmers market. I was very happy with the way this dish turned out and I hope you enjoy it as well! 
A girlfriend of mine gave me this yummy seasoning salt for my birthday and this was the first time I've used it and I'm loving it. If you can't find this seasoning salt I have posted some of the ingredients below so you can make your own. 

Ingredients 
Makes 2-3 Servings

1 cup farro (a.k.a wheat berries)
2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup water
1 tbs olive oil
1 garlic clove, diced
2 zucchini and/or squash, cut into crescents 
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbs parsley, chopped 
1 tbs Isle of Capri Seasoning Salt (see ingredients below)
      
Bring the vegetable broth and water to boil in a small pot. Once the water and broth are boiling add in the farro with a pinch of salt, cover and bring to a simmer.

 In a separate sauce pan heat 1 tbs of oil to a medium heat with the garlic for 3-5 minutes. When the garlic is fragrant add a little water along with the zucchini and Isle of Capri Seasoning Salt, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the veggies are tender. 

When the veggies and farro are ready add them into a bowl with the tomatoes and parsley, toss well. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy! 



Isle of Capri Seasoning Salt
- salt
- red pepper flakes
- garlic powder
- oregano 
- thyme




No comments:

Post a Comment