Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kobocha Squash Risotto

Risotto is such a delicious dish but it requires dedication and a long time in the kitchen. I made Butternut Squash Risotto in February last year and it turned out great so I decided to try again. Looking back at that recipe I realized that I added a few extra unneeded steps. This recipe is very similar but has a few different steps.
Make sure you have some dry white wine laying around for this recipe. I luckily had a bottle of wine but it was an amazing Italian Verdicchio so I was really not excited about pouring it into dinner.
Ingredients
Makes 4-6 servings
  • 2 cups kobocha squash, pureed*
  • 1/4 small yellow onion, finely diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
  • 1 1/2 cups of arborio rice
  • 1 1/2 tbs coconut oil
  • 1 tbs chopped sage
  • 1/2 tbs tarragon
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1/2 cup shredded asiago or parmesen cheese

    In a large pot warm the coconut oil until to medium heat until it melts, then add in the garlic and onions and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add in the arborio rice, sage and tarragon, stir and cook for a 2-3 minutes.

    Pour in the white wine.Once the white wine is absorbed add in 1/2 cup of vegetable broth and 1/2 cup of squash, stirring constantly. Once the liquid is mostly absorbed, add in another 1/2 cup of broth and 1/2 cup of squash. Continue this process until you are out of broth and pumpkin. 

    This is a very slow process so have patience and make sure you stir continuously so the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. Once the final added liquid is absorbed turn the heat to low and cover until you are ready to serve. Top with a little shredded cheese and enjoy!!  

* Preheat the oven to 400. Place the squash into a baking dish with 1/2 cup of water. Drizzle with olive oil and cook for one hour. Peel the skin off and puree the pumpkin.

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete