Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Friday, January 25, 2013

Carrot Curry Soup with Chickpeas

Yum, yum yum!!! I am so glad I made this delicious dish for dinner tonight  I had a bunch of extra carrots and leeks from my past two CSA vegetable boxes and I thought I would make a carrot and leek soup. Before I started cooking I realized I only had a one can of vegetable broth so a traditional soup was out of the question. I also had a can of coconut milk so I thought to myself... why not make carrot curry. What a great decision it was because this recipe is super easy and tasty! If you are looking for something different try this carrot curry out.
Ingredients
Makes 4 servings

5-6 carrots, sliced thin
1 small leek (white parts only) chopped
2 tbs coconut oil
2 cups of vegetable broth
1 can of coconut milk
2 tsp chopped cilantro
1 tbs chopped basil
3/4 tbs curry powder
1/2 tsp coriander
1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed

Place the coconut oil in a large pot and heat on medium/low. Once the coconut oil is melted add in the garlic, leeks and carrots, saute for 5 minutes. Next add in the cilantro, basil, curry powder and coriander and cook for another minute.

Pour the vegetable broth in the pot and bring to medium/high heat. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until carrots are soft. Once the carrots pour in the coconut milk and use an immersion blender* to puree the curry. When the soup is to the consistency you want it add in the chickpeas and warm for just a few minutes. 


*If you don't have an immersion blender just pour the mixture a little at a time into a blender and puree. 


1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete