Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Spinach & Scallion Quiche

Breakfast is such an important meal and one of my favorite; when I actually have time to eat it. I've been trying to get better a bringing a warm breakfast to work instead of smoothies and yogurt. A warm meal is just more enjoyable on a cold morning. Pre-made/home made breakfast sandwiches have been my go to lately but this week I decided to try and make a quiche. This was my first go at a quiche and it turned out perfectly! I am looking forward to playing around with the ingredients and coming up with some more creative ideas but for now check out my spinach quiche recipe.



Pie Crust
1 stick of butter, cold and cut into cubes
1 1/4 cups of flour
pinch of salt 
pinch of sugar
1/4 cup ice cold water 

Place the butter, flour, salt and sugar into a food processor. Pulse until it starts to breakdown the butter then slowly pour in the water. Pulse again until the flour starts to look evenly crumbly. Pour the mixture onto a lightly floured surface, using your hands form a small disk out of the crumbs. Wrap the disk in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour.

Pre-heat the oven to 425. Prepare a pie pan for the dough by rubbing it with butter. Remove the crust from the fridge and roll into a large circle. Place the dough into the pie pan pressing it down and then cut the tops off evenly. Place a piece of foil over the dough then add the pie weights on the foil then place it in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. 

Filling
3 oz cream cheese
3 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 tbs butter
1 shallot, sliced
1 garlic clove, chopped
8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
pinch of salt
1/4 cup jack cheese (any cheese will do)

Heat the butter in a skillet on medium heat, cook the onions and garlic 3-5 minutes then remove to cool. Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, eggs and milk in a bowl and mix with hand or stand mixer until smooth. Add the spinach, cheese sat and onion mixture into the eggs and cream and mix with a fork. Pour the mixture into the pie pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Let it stand for 15 minute before serving or place in the fridge and serve cold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment