Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tomato Curry Soup



  • 1 14 oz can of coconut milk
  • 1 28 oz can of roma tomatoes, chopped
  • 8 large basil leaves, chopped
  • 2 1/2 to 3 tbs red curry paste
  • 1/2 tsp curry powder
  • 2 clove garlic, chopped
  • 2 tbs coconut oil

Heat the oil in a large pot and saute the garlic for for 2-3 minutes, reduce heat to low and add the basil. Place the curry paste and 1/2 cup of coconut milk in a small bowl and whisk until all clumps are out. Pour all of the coconut milk and the curry powder in the pot and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Add the can of tomatoes with the juice and keep the heat on med/low and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy! 

Makes 3-4 servings


1 comment: