Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Thursday, May 3, 2012

Farmer's Market Gazpacho

One of the best parts about summer is all of the fresh produce at the farmer's markets. I make a stop every Tuesday at the market to stock up on local fruits and veggies. The past few weeks there has been some good looking heirloom tomatoes and pretty bell peppers so I decided I should make some gazpacho. Gazpacho is one of those cold dishes for everyone since it's easy to make, vegan friendly, raw and good for you. This tasty soup is a great entree or appetizer and the best part is it makes great leftovers. The longer you let the soup sit in the fridge the better it tastes. If you want to spice it up just add red pepper flakes and it you want to make it a little fancier top it with lump crab meat. Make it your own and enjoy!!! 


Ingredients
1 large or 2 small, cucumbers, ends cut off and deseeded
3 bell peppers- 2 red and 1 green or yellow, seeds removed
4 garlic cloves
1 small red onion
1/2 cup loosely packed Italian flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
3-4  large heirloom tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs), core removed

Pulse all of the above ingredients in a food processor one vegetable at a time then place into a large bowl.

Season the gazpacho with S&P and 2 tbs of good quality olive oil and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight for maximum flavor.

* It is up to you how chunky you want your soup to be but I like to pulse half the peppers & cucumbers to where they are kinda chunky then pulse the rest down as small as they can get. 

* Add red pepper flakes to spice it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment