Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Thursday, May 31, 2012

Asian Salad with Baked Tofu or Chicken

This is a super yummy salad! I was craving chicken but since the b/f is a vegetarian I decided to try and make baked tofu. It turned out amazing!! The marinade and the dressing are pretty much the same ingredients so it's a user friendly salad. I had some sesame Asian dressing in the fridge so I mixed a little in my dressing recipe for fun and it was delish! 

Baked Tofu or Chicken Marinade
  • 1 tbs sesame oil
  • 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1 tbs agave nectar (optional)
Mix the above ingredients in a shallow dish.

Baked Tofu -Slice the tofu into cubes, dry on paper towels then marinate in the mixture for an hour, flipping the tofu to make sure it is coated. Preheat the oven to 375. Place the tofu in a non-stick pan and bake for 35 minutes. Turn the tofu after 15 minutes. After 35 minutes broil the   tofu one each side until it starts to brown.
Chicken -Cut the chicken into cubes, place in a bowl or zip lock bag with the mixture and marinate for an hour.  Preheat the oven to 375. Place in a non-stick pan and bake for around 20 minutes. 

Salad Fixins
* I usually chop everything up and put it in tupperware so what ever I don't eat I can have ready for the next day. 

  • 1 can  mandarin oranges, halved (reserve the juice for the dressing)
  • 1 can water chestnuts, halved
  • 1 sliced cucumber
  • 1 shredded carrots
  • 1/2 cabbage, sliced
  • chopped romaine lettuce
  • chopped cashews or peanuts
Dressing 
  • 2 tbs sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tbs soy sauce
  • juice from the mandarin (taste as you add)

No comments:

Post a Comment