Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Flavor of the Month Salads

Beet & Orange Salad w/Avocado Creamy Dressing
(Makes 3-4 Servings)
Salad Fixins:
2 to 3 Large Beets - boiled, peeled & sliced
1 Navel Orange - peeled & cubed
Macadamia Nuts 
2-4 cups of Mixed Greens or Spinach
Place all salad fixins on a plate then top with dressing.
Dressing: 
1 Avocado, peeled and remove seed
3 tbs of Orange Juice 
1/2 Lime Squeezed
Dash of Olive Oil
Place all of the dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. 

*If you dont have orange juice use  (save the peels with little pieces of orange left to juice for dressing)

Orange, Carrot & Pepper Salad

(Makes 3-4 Servings)
Salad Fixins:
2 Bell Peppers (1 Orange, 1 Yellow), cut in thick strips
5-6 Carrots Peeled
1 Navel Orange - peeled & cubed
2- 4 cups of Mixed Greens or Spinach 
Goat Cheese
Toasted Almonds
Dressing:
Red wine vinegar & touch of walnut, sunflower or olive oil

Preheat the oven to 350. Place the carrots and bell peppers in a baking dish and toss with a little sunflower, walnut or olive oil and bake for 15+ minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove and let cool.
Place the lettuce and orange on a plate, top with carrots and peppers and top with crumbled goat cheese and almonds.

*This tastes great even without the lettuce

Both recipes adapted from http://www.wholeliving.com/173430/eat-rainbow 

No comments:

Post a Comment