Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Sunday, November 25, 2012

Persimmon & Pomegranate Salad

I've been crazy busy the past few weeks gearing up for the winter season and have not spent enough time in the kitchen and have not made any additions to my bog in quite some time. Thanksgiving was just a few days ago and since I got to spend the entire day in the kitchen I now have a couple good recipes to share.
One new addition to my Thanksgiving dinner menu was a delicious Persimmon & Pomegranate Salad. This dish is easy, colorful and good for you! 

Persimmon & Pomegranate Salad

  • 6-10 persimmons, sliced
  • pomegranates seeds (1-2 pomegranates)
  • 8 oz crumbled goat cheese
  • 2 tbs chopped thyme (plus a little more for garnish)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
Place the persimmon slices on a plate and top with a sprinkle of goat cheese and a few pomegranates seeds. Add another slice of persimmon on top and repeat with goat cheese and pomegranates  seeds. Whisk together the thyme, olive oil and vinegar and drizzle over the pomegranates right before serving.

*If you have leftovers just chop up the persimmons serve them on a bed of lettuce with some chicken just to change it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment