Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Arugula Pesto Eggplant Sandwich

It sure is nice being home for lunch it give me a chance to prepare a yummy lunch every day. Last night I made my first loaf of ciabatta bread (recipe soon to come) just so I could make some delicious sandwiches for lunch this week. It was a two day process to make the bread but so worth it! 

The first ingredient I thought of for a good sandwich was eggplant. Eggplant makes a great addition to a vegetarian sandwich because it is so meaty. Since I have a lot of leftover arugula pesto in the fridge I decided to combine the two. You can use any type of pesto for this sandwich and add just about any fixins but I decided to keep it simple and use what I had in the fridge. This sandwich is yummy and good for your so give it a try and enjoy! 


Ingredients
2 tbs arugula pesto
1 large eggplant 
pepper

Cut of the top and bottom of the eggplant and slice into rounds about 1/2 inch thick. Turn the oven to high broil. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and place the rounds on the pan then spray them or brush them with a little olive oil and sprinkle with pepper. Make sure the oven rack is in the middle and place the pan in the oven, broil for 5 minutes, flip and broil for another 3-5 minutes or until they start to brown. If you cut your rounds thick you may want to broil longer so the eggplant is not chewy. 

Remove the eggplant from the oven place the rounds in a bowl and toss in the arugula pesto. 
Fixins
Asiago Cheese or Three Cheese Blend 
Sun Dried Tomatoes
Ciabatta Bread


Place a sprinkle of cheese on each side of the ciabatta and place in a toaster oven or broil in the oven until the cheese starts to brown. Put the eggplant and sun dried tomatoes on one slice of the bread then top with the other. Serve warm and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment