Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Arugula Pesto

Arugula is a tasty low calorie green that is high in antioxidants and packed full of vitamins and minerals. If you are looking to switch things up this arugula pesto recipe is delicious and quite a nice change from traditional basil pesto. 
 
Arugula pesto goes great on just about anything. I like to toss cheese tortellini in the pesto along with chopped tomatoes and black olilves for a cold pasta salad or warm fusilli noodles with artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes. Get creative and let me know your favorite arugula pesto dish!

Here are a few other recipes using the arugula pesto:
Green Beans and Potatoes
Shroom & Eggplant Polenta Medallions
Pesto Pasta with Turkey Meatballs
Cold Quinoa Salad w/Green Beans, Mozz & Tomatoes
Eggplant & Arugula Pesto Sandwich

Ingredients
Makes roughly 2 cups
3-4 cups of arugula
1/2 cup roasted almonds
1/2 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove
juice from 1 lemon

Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment