Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Saturday, May 4, 2013

Tabouleh

 If you are looking for a healthy, quick and easy side dish tabouleh is a great choice! Tabouleh is  traditional middle Eastern salad. There are many variations of this salad some recipes call for mint and parsley and some call for onions and garlic along with fixins like tomatoes and cucumbers. The tabouleh I make is pretty simple but quite tasty! Next time you need a healthy side dish, give this one a try. 

Ingredients
Makes 4 servings

1 cup bulgar wheat 
1 3/4 cup of boiling water
juice from 1 small lemon
1 tbs olive oil
2 tomatoes
2 cups parsley
S&P

Place the bulgar wheat in a mixing bowl along with the lemon juice. Bring the water to a boil and pour into the mixing bowl with bulgar wheat. Stir then let it sit for 30 minutes. While the bulgar is cooking prep the veggies

Remove the seeds from the tomato and dice into small pieces. Rinse the parsley, remove the stems and mince until very finely minced.

After 30 minutes pour the bulgar mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove excess water. Place the bulgar back into the bowl and add in the parsley, tomato,, olive  oil, S &P and mix well . Place in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Serve cold and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment