Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baked Chicken Over Sauteed Chard & Leeks

I recently realized that I don't have a single dish on my blog that is not a vegetarian recipe! Someone might mistake me for a vegetarian. I eat mostly vegetarian dishes at home since the boyfriend is veggie but I do partake in meat eating at work and out to eat I just never write down my recipes so I decided that that has to change. This is a quick and easy recipe that is great to make ahead of time and take to work or make at home for a delicous well balanced dinner.
Ingredients
Makes 2 servings

  • 1 large chicken breast, cut into 8-10 slices
  • olive oil spray
  • 1 roasted bell pepper, cut into 8-10 strips
  • 6 oz of mozzarella, sliced into 8-10 small medallions
  • 5 large rainbow chard leaves (or collard greens)
  • 1 tbs water
  • 1/2 small leek, sliced (white part only)
  • 1 garlic clove, diced
  • 2 tbs parmesan garlic blend* 
  • 2 tbs balsamic vinegrette
Preheat the oven to 425. Season the chicken with pepper and parmesan garlic blend*. Place the chicken on a non stick baking sheet and spray with a little olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes then remove from the oven and place a strip of roasted pepper and a mozzarella medallion on each slice and bake for another 5-10** minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

While the chicken is cooking heat 1 tbs of coconut oil to a medium/low heat in a saute pan. Add in the leeks and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the chard along with 1 tbs of water, cover and cook for 7 minutes or until leaves are wilted.
Remove the chicken from the oven once it is cooked and place on top of your chard. Drizzle a little balsamic vinaigrette across the top before serving and enjoy.



If you making this dish to serve immediately leave the chard on low heat until chicken is ready and if you are planning to take this to lunch place the chard evenly in two separate glass Pyrex or Tupperware dishes then top with chicken. Bring your dressing to work and drizzle on once the dish has been warmed.

*If you dont have Pepper Creek Farms Parmesan Garlic Blend use 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp red pepper flakes and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.**Baking time is dependent on your oven

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You too! We should do a girl's night potluck soon!

      Delete
  2. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally kill fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete