Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tomato, Kale & Garbanzo Bean Salad

2 cans of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
3-4 large kale leaves, washed and chopped
1 lemon, squeezed
3 garlic cloves
S&P
1 tbs olive oil

Saute the garlic in the olive oil on low for 2-3 minutes, then add the kale. Cover the saute pan and cook for just a few minutes to soften. Be sure not to over cook it so it stays a little crunchy. Once it is ready set aside to cool. Place the garbanzo beans in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice and a little more olive oil. Next add the cooled kale mixture making sure to scrape out all of the garlic and olive oil from the pan. Stir well then toss in the tomatoes, S&P. Place in the fridge to cool and serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment