Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Thursday, January 24, 2013

Green Beans & Potatoes with Arugula Pesto

Here is a really delicious side dish that is quick and easy. It would make a great addition to any meal or a great dish to bring to a potluck. 
 I came across a recipe that inspired this one in a cook book that I got for Christmas, Herbivoracious. This cook book is awesome. It has really amazing vegetarian recipes and most importantly it has lots of great photos. 
I changed up the arugula pesto recipe but kept the basic beans and potatoes the same. I thought about throwing in some cherry tomatoes but they are not in season. Another goody you can add would be raw onion or scallions but I didn't have any of those laying around either, so get creative and toss in just about anything!

Ingredients
1/2 lb yellow fin potatoes, scrubbed 

4 cups of fresh green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed

Arugula Pesto
packed cups of arugula
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup olive oil
2 large garlic clove
juice from 1 lemon

Fill a large pot 3/4 of the way full with water and bring to a boil. Place the potatoes in the pot and boil for 10 minutes. While the potatoes are boiling make the pesto by adding all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor and pulse until everything is mixed well.

Next add the green beans in with the potatoes and boil for 5 minutes. Strain the veggies and shake off as much excess water as you can. Place the veggies in a bowl and toss with the pesto 1/4 cup at a time.

*The pesto recipe above makes a little more than you need for this recipe so set some aside for a yummy white fish or something else delicious. Stay tuned for a recipe using arugula pesto and polenta.

No comments:

Post a Comment