Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Sunday, February 26, 2012

Vegetarian Pot Pie


Ingredients
Makes 4 small pot pies

3 garlic cloves, diced
3 celery stalks, chopped
2 cups sliced mushrooms
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 turnip, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup leeks, chopped
2 tbs olive oil
1 cup frozen peas
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbs flour
1 tbs cornstarch


Preheat the oven to 425. Heat a large pot on the stove to med with the olive oil then saute the leeks, celery, carrots, garlic, turnip mushrooms and leeks. Mix the cornstarch and flour with 1 tbs of water until all chunks are gone. Add the the mixture to the vegetables then add in the broth, cream and peas. Stir, cover and cook for 10 minutes. While the fixins are cooking make the crust.

For the crust:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup of butter, chopped
1/2 cup water

Cut the butter into the flour then using dough hooks on your mixer, slowly add the water and mix until it forms into a ball. Add more water if it is not forming a ball. Flour the counter lightly then roll the dough out nice and flat.

Spoon the veggie fixins and liquid into an oven safe dish the stretch the dough out across the dish. Brush with olive oil and bake for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment