Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Buckwheat Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce

1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 egg (optional)
3 tbs brown sugar

Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and let stand while you heat up the skillet. If the batter is to thick add a little more milk.

For Syrup:
2 cups frozen blueberries
1 tbs corn starch
1 tbs maple syrup

While the pancakes are cooking add the blueberries to a sauce pan over medium heat. Once the juice starts to form add the corn starch and cook down until you have blueberries with a thick sauce. Then add the syrup for a little more sweetness.

Top the pancakes with the blueberry mixture and either crumbled pecans or walnuts and serve. No need for additional syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment