Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Udon Noodles with Bok Choy & Shrooms

This recipe is usually my go to when I need something quick for dinner. Luckily I had a few bok choy and leeks in the fridge and edamame in the freezer so it was the perfect dinner for my busy schedule this week. I suggest that you add tofu, sauteed shrimp or chopped chicken to this dish for some extra protein but if you don't have any of those ingredients this dish is still good as it. 

Ingredients
Makes 4 Servings  
1 tbs sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup leeks, chopped
2 tsp chopped ginger
2 small heads of bok choy
8 oz of baby bella mushrooms
1 cup shelled edamame, defrosted

3 tbs rice wine vinegar
3 tbs soy sauce
6 oz of udon noodles

Optional garnish- green onions and sesame seeds


In a large wok heat the sesame oil to a medium/low heat. Saute the ginger, garlic cloves & leeks for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Rinse and slice the baby bell mushrooms and set aside. Cut the base off of the bok choy, rinse and cut into squares.

Place the mushrooms, bok choy, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce into the wok. Cook on medium/high until the bok choy wilts then add in the edamame and optional meat. Cover and cook on low until your noodles are ready. While the veggies are cooking boil the noodles according to the package. Drain the noodles and place each serving in a bowl. Top with the veggies making sure to scoop up some liquid to go with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment