Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Thursday, February 21, 2013

Red Curry Butternut Squash

Squash is such a good hearty vegetable that is good for so many different kinds dishes. I have had a butternut squash on the counter for a few days and could not decide what I wanted to do with it. So I did what I usually do when I don't know what I want to make. I search through the cabinets and the fridge and make a list of all of the fixins I have to get creative with then I sit down with my list and brainstorm. One of the things I found in the cabinet was an unopened jar of red curry paste (one of my favorite condiments) so I decided to make red curry butternut squash. The past few curry recipes I've made were pureed vegetable curry dishes so this one is a new one for me. I invited a few girlfriends come over  for some wine and to help me eat this dish and it was a hit! 
Ingredients

1 tbs coconut oil 
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger, crushed
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tbs red curry paste
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 bell pepper, chopped into large squares
1 tsp curry powder

2 cups cooked rice

Heat 1 tbs of coconut oil in a large deep pan to medium heat. Add in the onion, ginger and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant. Next add in the curry paste and a squeeze of lime juice stir well. 

Pour the coconut milk and vegetable broth into the pan, whisk until clumps are gone then add in the squash, bell pepper and curry powder. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium/low, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until soft. 

Place 1/2 cup of rice on a plate and top with curry the curry squash. 

I served the squash with Sauteed Leeks, Greens

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete