Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Friday, January 11, 2013

Sauteed Leeks, Collard & Beet Greens

Have you ever bought beets and tossed out the greens? I know I have tossed them out multiple times. But one day I decided to saute them with a little S&P and olive oil and see what would happen. They actually tasted pretty delicious with a spinach kind of texture. Next time you buy beets don't toss out those gorgeous greens, cook em' up! 
I had a really nice bundle of collard green in my CSA box along with 2 beets so I decided to toss all the greens in together and came out with this yummy side dish.

Ingredients 
Makes 2-3 Servings

2 garlic cloves, diced
1/4 cup sliced leeks, rings separated
2 tbs olive oil

5 1/2 cups of collard greens and beet greens 
S&P

Heat 2 tbs of olive oil in a large skillet on medium/low heat. Once the oil is warm add in the garlic and leeks and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the greens and mix them up so that they are lightly coated in olive oil. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes on medium/low heat or until wilted. Season with S&P.

No comments:

Post a Comment