Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Maple Curry Squash



Have you ever had a buttercup squash? We received one of this yummy squash in our CSA this past week and it was a first for me.


 It is a delicious winter squash that looks more like an acorn than acorn squash does. Buttercup squash has a sweet and creamy taste and can be used in place of any recipe requiring squash. 

This recipe is very easy and make the perfect side dish, snack or appetizer.


Ingredients 
1 squash
2 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup 
1 tsp curry powder

Preheat the oven to 400. Cut the buttercup squash in half, removed the seeds and cut into thin slices. Once the slices are but use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin. Place the slices into a mixing bowl, add in the curry, syrup and olive oil and toss until everything is coated evenly. Spread out the squash on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment