Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sun-Dried Tomato & Asiago Turkey Burgers

I really enjoy bringing a delicious meal to work for lunch. It really helps the day go by when I know I get to eat something enjoyable instead of a microwaved meal or lunch from the restaurants at the resort. I try to make sure my lunch it filling and healthy so I'm not hungry by the time I get home.
This is probably one of the best turkey burgers that I have made and it made a wonderful leftovers. This recipe is simple and delicious but keep in mind that the fixins are just as important as the ingredients in the burgers. Give it a try and enjoy!   

Ingredients
Makes 4-6 Patties


10 oz ground turkey
3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 egg white
1/4 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 tbs asiago

Preheat the oven to 425.Place the onion and garlic into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Put the rest of the ingredients along with the onion and garlic mixture into a mixing bowl and mix well. Once the mixture is evenly combined create 4-6 burger patties and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Make sure the burgers are cooked thoroughly  the baking time will depend on the thickness of your patties. 

Dress your turkey burgers with any fixins of your choice and enjoy!

My favorite fixins for this burger are:
Asiago or mozzarella cheese
Arugula Pesto
Roasted red bell peppers

Homemade wheat bread





No comments:

Post a Comment