Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pesto Pasta with Turkey Meatballs

As I mentioned in a previous post I have been seriously slacking on posting recipes that have meat as an ingredient so here is another one for all my meat eating friends out there. I had this recipe in mind for one of my friends who was looking for something quick, easy and healthy to make for dinner or to bring to work for lunch. 
Ingredients
Makes 2-3 servings
  • 1/4 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 5 oz ground turkey
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 tbs flour
  • 2 tbs bread crumbs
  • 1 tbs asiago
Mix all of the above ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Roll into 8-12 meatballs and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, flipping once then baking for another 8-10 minutes. 
  • 2 cups uncooked wheat pasta
  • 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
  • 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts
  • 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup arugula pesto
Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add in a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of salt and the pasta then return to a boil. Cook on medium high heat for 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked then drain the pasta. Once the pasta and meat balls ready place them in a casserole dish* along with the artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil and pesto then toss until everything is coated in pesto.Cover and keep warm until ready to serve. 


*The warmth of the pasta and meatballs should warm all of the ingredients enough but if you want you can warm heat the olive oil in a small sauce pan and add in the artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes & pesto and warm before adding it into the pasta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment