Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Quick & Easy Lentil Vegetable Soup

This soup recipe was created with a few random vegetables that I had left over from last weeks CSA vegetable share. This is the kind of soup you could add just about any vegetable into and it would be delicious. I would have loved to add in some chard, celery and turnips but even with just a few ingredients I had in the fridge this recipe turned out to be quite scrumptious.
The star ingredient in this soup was the Herbs de Provence. This was the first time I cooked with this seasoning and it was such a great choice! Herbs de Provence gave this soup so much flavor it tasted as if it took hours to cook.  

Ingredients
Makes 4 Servings

4 cups vegetable or chicken broth

1 cup lentils
1 large leek, chopped

2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lb. fingerling potatoes, cut in half
4 carrots, sliced
1/2 tbs Herbs de Provence 
olive oil

1. Heat 1 tbs olive oil to medium heat in a large pot, add in the leek and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.

2. Add in 1 more tbs of olive oil, lentils, potatoes, carrots,
Herbs de Provence and a pinch of salt, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.

3. Pour the broth, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. 
Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the lentils are tender. 

4. Serve warm with a delicious slice of french bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment