Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Monday, January 16, 2012

Wheat Bran Muffins

Bowl 1
1 1/2 - 2 cups wheat flour
1 1/2 cup wheat bran
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbs. walnut oil
Bowl 2
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup almond milk
Add Last
1 cup. raisins, blueberries, sliced chopped apples or  peeled chopped bananas
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350. Use a In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl mix the wet ingredients. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry stirring until the dry ingredients are moist. Fold in your choice of fixins (this time i used raisins, least time I used blueberries and pecans). Pour 1/4 cup of mixture into a non-stick muffin pan (spray first with olive oil). Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment