Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Monday, January 16, 2012

Quinoa Stuffed Squash

2 squash halved, seeds removed
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 cup water
1 zucchini, diced
1/4 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
1/4 cup romano or parmesan cheese
olive oil or sunflower oil
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano 

Heat oven to 400. Pour 1 inch of water into a baking dish and place the squash cut side up. Pour a little bit of olive or sunflower oil S&P on the squash and bake for 35-40 minutes. While the squash is cooking pour 1 cup of water into a pot and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa to the water bring back to boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes. In a pan heat some olive oil to med heat then add the garlic onion and zucchini until onions are translucent. Once the quinoa is done (the water should be absorbed) add it to the onion mixture along with the basil, oregano, S&P. At this point using a fork check to see if the squash are soft inside. If they are ready, take the pan out of the oven and fill with quinoa mixture then top with cheese and place back in the oven until the cheese starts to crisp. Let cool and enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment