Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Monday, January 2, 2012

Green Bean & Goat Cheese Salad

Salad:
4 cups of mixed greens
1 lb of fresh green beans, cleaned and ends trimmed off
1/4 cup chopped red onions
2 garlic cloves
1 fresh squeezed lemon
lemon pepper
8 oz cherry tomatoes halved
8 oz goat cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Dressing:
1 fresh squeezed lemon
lemon pepper
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tbs sunflower oil
salt and lemon pepper.

Toss the green beans in lemon juice from 1 lemon, lemon pepper and a little olive oil. Sautee garlic and onion for 5 minutes then pour the green bean mixture into the pan and cook for10-15 minute or until they look tender. Remove from oven and let cool.

While the green beans are cooling make the salad dressing. My measurements are not exact but just taste as you go and keep the oil to a minimum. Then in a separate bowl add some mixed greens and a few halved tomatoes. Add green beans then top with goat cheese, almonds and dressing.

*makes 2-4 salads

No comments:

Post a Comment