Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Monday, January 2, 2012

Black Bean, Corn & Tempeh Lettuce Wraps

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
6 ears of corn, with corn cut off (or 2 cans of corn)
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juice squeezed
1/4 red onion, diced

Seasoning: paprika or chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin (add all seasonings to taste to your liking, for extra spice use some red pepper flakes)
a few splashes of Chalula

Mix all of the ingredients above, except the tempeh) in a large bowl. The longer this sits the better it tastes!

1-2, 8 oz package of organic 3 grain tempeh
1 head of ice berg lettuce
1-2 sliced avocados

Heat an olive oiled pan on the stove then add the tempeh. Add the same seasoning from above seasonings and a few tbs of water to the pan and cook until the the tempeh is warm and the seasonings are into the tempeh. Once this is done peel the leaved of iceberg off, place the bean mixture in then the warm tempeh and top with sliced avocado. Yum!

*If you are a meat eater use ground turkey instead of tempeh but make sure to cook through.

No comments:

Post a Comment